3rd Responsible Management Education Research Conference:
Responsible Management 2030
Linking the Sustainable Development Goals and
Management Education at Universities
Our planet faces massive economic, social, environmental and governance challenges. To address these, the “Agenda 2030” defines 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 related targets that represent an unprecedented opportunity to lead the world on a sustainable path. The challenges addressed in the SDGs also require integrated thinking, action and coordination at university level. Thus, the key objective of this conference is to create awareness for SDGs in management education and to discuss initiatives, methods and pioneering activities for including SDG-related issues in strategies, teaching and research.
The conference will explore approaches of how to incorporate issues of sustainability in management education for the discussion of which it will adopt a wide focus. We invite scholars, educators, students, policy makers and practitioners to present teaching concepts as well as empirical and theoretical research and discuss current issues to help shape future priorities.
Proposed topics of interest
We invite submissions, which examine issues of sustainability and their interaction with teaching and management education, and ask authors to submit abstracts for program consideration. Each submission should focus on the following general themes or the conference focus theme:
- Processes, obstacles and opportunities of integrating sustainability in management education
- Research on and/or application of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Teaching models and concepts on SDG issues such as
- Poverty alleviation and inclusive businesses
- Gender equality and reduced inequality
- Clean water and energy
- Work and economic growth
- Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Responsible consumption and production
- Climate action
- In-depth qualitative case studies and comparative case studies on the above topics
- Solutions for global challenges of sustainable management practice
Important Submission Deadlines
- 3 June 2016: Deadline for Submissions Accepted Online1)
- 20 June 2016: Acceptance Notification1)
- 11 September 2016: Final Submissions (including abstracts, extended abstracts and profiles), registration and receipt of payment
- 23 October 2016: Presentation Slides
The table below describes the possible submission types. All files must be submitted through the online system by the deadline dates. Final submissions are limited to 4-6 page extended abstracts to allow authors of accepted conference work to pursue journal publication opportunities.
- All outlines are double-blind evaluated for acceptance. Thus, authors must avoid revealing their identities in their submissions as a failure to do so will result in automatic rejection.
- Selection of submission for inclusion in the conference program will be based upon quality, originality, and relevance as determined by the review process.
- For accepted submissions, the abstract will be published in the RME Research Conference 2016 Proceedings. Specific formatting requirements will accompany the acceptance notice.
- Authors submitting outlines agree that if accepted, at least one author will register, pay, attend the conference and present the submission.
Contact for the Conference
This RME Conference is organized by the University of Applied Sciences Krems, Austria in cooperation with the PRME Regional Chapter DACH. For further information, please browse through rmerconference2016.prmechapterdach.eu or contact the representatives of the organizing committee Dr. Reinhard Altenburger and Roman H. Mesicek at email@example.com.
Download the call for submissions here.
1) For submissions after online deadline expiration: Please send an abstract of no more than 700 words, including theoretical background, methodology, results and implications, and key references, with full author information to firstname.lastname@example.org.